This region of Los Llanos (the plains) is characterized by a flat savanna covered by grass and gallery forests along the rivers. It covered nearly a third of the Venezuelan territory, the entire central area from the Andes down to the Orinoco River.
The plains of Los Llanos are barley populated by humans, but animal life is abundant. The huge savanna changes its scenery from the dry season (December to May) to the flooding of the rainy season (June to November). The main attraction of Los Llanos is its wildlife, it offers great opportunities for wildlife and bird watching.
Because of the open landscape the animals are relatively easy to watch. Wildlife is abundant in both rainy and dry seasons.
Our Los Llanos tour offers you a travel experience off the beaten track.
Day 1: We start the jeep safari in Merida and we travel up the valley and over the mountains to Barinas, a city on the northwestern edge of Los Llanos right at the end of the Andes. The mountain scenery of the Andes is not to be missed. In Barinas, where the flat lands begin we start our drive through the savanna. Here you will get the first impact of Los Llanos with the chance to see the first animals and birds.
Day 2: After a day of traveling we arrive at our eco-tourist camp right in the middle of Los Llanos, where we will spend the three nights of the tour sleeping in hammocks. (Campamento turístico Los Mangos). At the camp we will spend our time together with a local “llanero” family that runs its farm together with his camp. The “llanero's” (Venezuelan Cowboy's) main activity is the cattle raising.
Their typical music is the famous “joropo”, which you will probably have the opportunity to enjoy during your evenings in the camp.
Day 3: Here in Los Llanos we have two full days to enjoy what the region offers. We will be staying in one of the best places for wildlife and bird watching. You will have a good chance to see capybara (locally named chigüire), the largest rodent in the world, spectacled caimans (“babas”), anteaters, the legendary anaconda, boa constrictors, piranhas, freshwater dolphins (“toninas”), monkeys, iguanas, turtles and more.
Los Llanos is also a bird heaven, with more then 350 different species including egrets, seven different species of ibises, Jaribus, numerous Scarlet Macaws, fisher kings, hoatzin (a prehistoric-looking bird), between many others. The different activities this trip involves are canoeing down the river through gallery forest, safari and horseback riding throughout the endless savanna to observe the wildlife. You will also fish for piranhas which you may choose to have for dinner. The typical Los Llanos day will end with a spectacular sunset.
Day 4: The forth and last day of the tour we will come back to Merida.
Check in times
Check-In: 08:00 (in the morning).
take a flight to merida, rent a car or travel by public.
Airport Alberto Carnevalli, Airport Juan Pablo Pérez Alfonso, Merida and Ejido.
You are advised to bring comfortable clothing and shoes, sunglasses, hat and enjoy this exciting journey.
Policies & disclaimers
1) Responsibilities: Mérida.Travel is responsible for contracts and agreements with its customers in providing all our services. Just as no responsibility for the wars, strikes, delays, fires, accidents and their consequences, epidemics, destruction of the mechanisms of government acts, theft, looting or any other cause beyond the company and accidents involving subcontracting services or delays in flights and transfers of commercial airlines. The company is not liable for the consequences arising from the use or possession of drugs or narcotic substances in our programs and services
2) Documentation: The tourist should bring their identification documents and visa consular problems if the default of the passport or the lack of consular visa, the company is not liable for the costs incurred by the delay or total loss the contracted services.
3) Reimbursement for cancellation of tourists provides as follows: Eighty percent (80%) 30 days before the date of commencement of services. The seventy-five percent (75%) 15 days before the date of commencement of services. Fifty percent (50%) up to a week before the start of services. Twenty-five percent (25%) until 72 hours before the start of service no refund within 72 hours and the service starts.
4) No refunds in case of no show, inadequate travel documents, leaving the tour at any time or use their services voluntarily for the traveler. In case of rain or bad weather or other compelling reasons that might endanger the safety of tourists, the company reserves the right to modify, without the tourist is entitled to claim or recover.
5) Claims. All claims must be submitted in writing to our office, within forty-eight (48) hours following the conclusion of the service.
6) All conditions of employment services are considered accepted by:
1 - The execution of the payment of the contracted services before the commencement of service. 2 - Acceptance of vouchers ranging services to clients by email, fax or any other mechanism. 3 - The use of any part of the contracted services.
Los Llanos 4 days 3 nights.
There are no user reviews for this listing.
|There are no reviews for this tour yet.|
You need to be logged in to post a review.
|Tour #||Type||Max person||Tour name||Level||Smoking||Disabled access?|
|01||Tour||10||Tour of 4 days exploring the Los Llanos||N/A||No||No|
|Tariff name||Tour/tour type||Valid from||Valid til|